Friday, February 18, 2011

Baltimore Restaurant Week!



I love dinner parties. I think they're the bees knees, largely because they represent the amalgamation of many things I cherish in life (good company, good food, bountiful booze). I often find myself conjuring up delusions of grandeur day dreaming of hosting amazing dinner parties in the fabulous house that I bought while appearing on House Hunters International on HGTV.  But then reality sets in, and that fantasy goes out the window when I realize that by the time I have the house and the big kitchen, I'll probably be too busy with a husband, a crumb snatcher or two, the poodle, and a job to even want to host a dinner party, let alone have the energy to do so. So to compensate for the fact that hosting my own amazing dinner parties isn't currently feasible, and its future feasibility is questionable, I let restaurants do the work for me, which is why I love Baltimore Restaurant Week. It provides the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family and enjoy a fabulous 3 course meal for $35.11 (booze not included).

This year, the girls and I finally got our acts together, and made our way to Baltimore Winter Restaurant Week (and didn't get snowed out like last year). We went to Sascha's, a "Creative American Fare" restaurant with strong Mediterranean influences. I had been dying to eat there for ages, because it's just a few blocks from my apartment, and I'm glad I finally did. We had an amazing time! The food was fantastic, and the service was amazing, and the drinks were good enough to make me ignore their price tag. I personally can't wait to go this place again, and as soon as I free up some cash (post Spain), I will certainly be joining them for happy hour. Most of the pictures are courtesy of Keeley, as she is now part of "the girls", cuz she's awesome like that.  And with warmer weather on the way, more girls get togethers are in the cards for the "bloggers are awesome" crew :)
 *Pictures are couretsy of Keeley's way awesome camera
Keeley's caipirinha

My ginger martini
 
Hillary and Alihah order the pink panther martini.
And Toya is growing a baby, so water for her (not pictured)

The art inside was really cool, but not kitchy.

  
Alihah, Toya, and Hillary

  

Me and Keeley

Keeley and I ordered the Shrimp and Grits for our first course

And the rest of the girls order the scallops for their first course

I ordered the lamb shank with broccoli and mashed potatoes. Divine!


Keeley ordered the diver scallops with parsnip puree and baby carrots

Hillary's filet mignon with potato terrine

I don't remember who ordered this, but it was chocolate something that looked amazing

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Baltimore's Best Carrot Cake.
 I wish I had order this, it was out of this world
My creme brulee with Kahlua
It was a fabulous meal and a fantastic evening, can't wait for Summer Restaurant Week

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try shrimp and grits. I made it once and it didnt come out to hot. And Maddy I'll be your plus one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make shrimp and grits too. I tried to do a steak and
    grits dish, and the biggest lesson I learned was that you can't use quick
    grits at all. One of these days, I'll get around to a shrimp and grits dish,
    and hopefully it will be successful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Eat, Read, Rant!