Friday, March 11, 2011

Open for Business and BiWinning!

Teenagers are stupid. Like, scary stupid. Teen Mom may be the most disturbing program I've ever seen, and I watched both seasons of Flavor of Love, so that saying a lot. The epic fail on the part of everyone whose featured on this show literally makes me fear for the future. I need to call my mother and tell her how much I love her, and thank her for not failing me as a parent. Seriously. This morning, as I was watching the train wreck that is the lives of these terrifyingly stupid teen parents, I realized I'm probably witnessing the early years of future strippers and murders of America, and a chill ran down my spine. I shudder to think what happens when the cameras aren't rolling. But there is a moral to this story that goes beyond sex education, and a well deserved back-hand to the face of all of these girls--especially Jenelle (Jesus be a fence!). I've realized that while there are many things to be legitimately afraid of, like parenting teenagers, crossing the streets in Baltimore, and the Republican agenda to defund Planned Parenthood (obviously they haven't seen this show), a small business venture on Etsy really should not be one of them. With that said, I'm proud to announce that I am officially open for business on Etsy!



You can click on the above link, or the button on the side bar, and it will take you right to my shop, were you can place an order.

And for the giveaway winners... Thank you to everyone who entered.

The winner of the Brownies is Chavonne from Like It's Golden!
The winner of the Blondies is Fugitivwits!

Congrats to both of you. Inbox me your addresses, and do me the biggest favor and share them with people who have money to burn, and refer them to my shop :-) I've got some baking to do this weekend, will ship on Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Etsy shop! One day I'll get my life back and I'll be able to do creative things, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Etsy! So excited for you!

    Merk and I were watching Teen Mom the other night. He shook his head and said, "I hope our daughter is not that stupid".... in reference to that girl who is dating Adam. The same boy that texted her and told her that he wanted to sign over her mistake, estranged her best friend ( who was a great support system), and then they finally broke up and admitted that he cheated 5 times. To top it off this child is living rent free and no closer to her high school degree or GED.

    Her dad needs to put his foot down. This child is too stupid for words. Talk about enabling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until you talked about it, I had no idea that people sold food on Etsy. Congrats on getting your business venture together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! These would make a great present/care package to my baby brother who is at college. Congrats on your the business!

    btw, I never confess to watching BOTH seasons of flavor of love. People always look at me differently. I haven't watched teen mom. I just can't....it feels so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Chavonne told me about it on Friday, but I haven't been able to do my blog rounds until today! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Maddy, I'm excited too! I can't wait to get my first order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks D! These would definitely make a great care package for a college
    student, I would totally be willing to gift wrap and include a personal
    message in them if you'd like :) I know what you mean about admitting to
    watching flavor of love...it's not something I'll volunteer to group of
    Buppies, lol. Teen Mom is addictive and heart breaking at the same time. But
    I do think it's one of the best forms of teenage birth control out there, it
    should be very eye opening to these naive girls out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, people sell all sorts of non perishable edibles on Etsy. I initially
    thought about doing cakes, but that was too much work, and to much
    investment on the front end. I'll probably diversify my offerings, just as
    soon as I find the time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah...the parents on the show enable the hell out of these girls, which is
    a big reason that a majority of them got pregnant in the first place. The
    chick whose living rent free just walks all over her father, and I keep
    wondering when he's going to say enough is enough, get angry, do something
    that a parent is supposed to do. SMH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Keeley! And you'll have your life back soon enough, along some
    additional letters behind your name, and that is way awesome! I'm excited
    for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Eat, Read, Rant!