Monday, January 3, 2011
New Year's List Making
Posted by Nadette
¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
How were everyone's holidays? Did you miss me? Are you ready to ring my neck for my ridiculous long absence from the blog? I know at least one person who is, lol. I'm sorrrrry! In my defense, I've been distracted. I could blame my absence on the busyness of the holidays and the fact that I'm working on applications for bigger and better things yet to come, but in reality, those are just excuses. And you guys deserve better than that. So in light of the turn of the year, I've decided to make some changes. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, but I firmly believe in the power of list making. With 2010 behind me, and not having worked out entirely the way I planned, and 2011 staring me in the face, and me not having a clue what to do with it, I've put together a list of 5 things I want to work on for myself and for the blog. And as far as I'm concerned, there is a difference. So here goes:
1. Blog 3 times a week. I can't really expect to continue my awesome blogger experience if I'm only blogging once a month. And seeing as how I only have to care for myself (and Kona) and only have one job, I think it's reasonable goal, and I'm sure it will make some of my regulars happy :)
2. Meatless Monday. I'm introducing a new weekly blog installment, that will feature vegetarian dishes. It's in line with the nationwide Meatless Monday Movement. I'll tell you more about in on...
3. Soap Box Wednesdays! They're coming back, but I'm changing it to once a month. I suspended them because I ran out of ideas, and then when I did have ideas, I didn't have enough time to do my research. A monthly post will allow me the adequate time to do the proper amount of research. That way I can say "I told you so!" with concrete evidence to back me up.
4. Health Policy posts. I think my last policy post was 6 months ago, which is shameful considering the goal of this blog and that I'm STILL pushing for a job in this field. I've gotten some good suggestions from you guys on topics to explore, and I've got an absurd back log of policy blog posts and papers to read. My goal is one hard core policy post a month.
5. Aesthetic changes. I really want to pretty up my blog in various ways, so just look out for new changes and maybe new features.
Well that's all I have for now. Thank you for your patience, and I'll see you lovelies tomorrow.
Oh and P.S., sorry I've been absent from reading and commenting on your blogs, I've got some serious catching up to do, and that's what Mondays are for ::
Eat, Read, Rant! by Bernadette is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.