Friday, December 3, 2010

Political Crumbs


Hola, all! If you've followed the blog for a while, you know that I'm not afraid to talk about politics. Usually, any political commentary I share is rooted in the topic of health policy, which is part of the purpose of this blog. I know I've been silent on the policy posts for far too long, but that's a story for another day. Today, however, I just wanted to share with you a letter to the editor that I submitted to the Baltimore Sun yesterday via President Obama's personal website. If you're a member of the website, you know that they send emails every damn day fairly regularly, and I shamefully ignore 99% of them. But yesterday, they sent an email that I couldn't ignore. It simply requested that we the people, who are in support of the repeal of Don't ask Don't tell, speak up and write to our local and national newspapers to voice our support . So that's exactly what I did. And guess what? It got published on the Baltimore Sun's website! I don't know about you, but this kind of made my day. It feels good to know that despite the cluster f*ck that is the state of our society, our country, and the world at large, my opinion has been heard. You can read my actual statement here, and it was also mentioned in the editorial section on the Sun's website.

I am liberal, hear me rawr :-]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Eat, Read, Rant!